Friday, August 28, 2015

Week 1: Growth Mindset

I have to say I was a little skeptical when I began reading this assignment. I had not heard of Growth Mindset nor Carol Dweck before. I do believe though that I have always used the growth mindset as far as my own personal goals but never realized that it had an official name. I love to learn new things even though the older I get the more anxious I am about facing new challenges, but I still accept them head on. I have also not had an easy time absorbing new information like I did when I was younger, which means that I have to study hardy and longer than I used to, which has lead to the realization that I do not know HOW to study. Up until I went back to school in 2014 I had never HAD to study. All of my classes were mostly talent based and the most I had to learn was new shortcuts in a computer program. And before last semester, I had also not written anything other than a technical paper in 20 years. I still have trouble with common mistakes that I should technically know, but when you don't write on a consistent basis, a lot of the common sense rules escapes you. I will also be applying and teaching this idea/method to both of my children for them to apply towards school work and life in general.


Meme created by Laura Gibbs. Photo Source: Growth Mindset Memes Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment